On Monday I chatted to Stacey Overton, an inspirational blogger, content writer, PR professional and owner of UnicornThesaurus.
She loves working with small businesses and individuals to identify and create engaging content. If you missed our inspiring chat, you can catch up here. Stacey is also offering our readers a free 30 minute consultation to find out how you can build your business with incredible content so be sure to get in touch through the links below.
Today, Stacey offers us a peek into her essential work bag items.
Over to you Stacey;
- Wallet: Im definitely a wallet over purse kinda gal. This one is actually a Cath Kidston Kids. Im a huge dinosaur geek, I even have 2 dinosaur tattoos so when I saw this I had to have it.
Strawberry ChapStick: I hate to panda to any kind of stereotype, but everyoneneeds ChapStick in winter (at least it's not cherry flavour!)
- Keys: As a feminist and collector or keyrings when I spotted this LEGO Wonder Woman keyring I had to have it. She’s pretty worn now, so much so that she no longer has a face, but you can still tell who she is!
- Work Phone: I carry my personal phone in my pocket which is an iPhone 6s, but I keep my work phone in my bag. It’s an iPhone 5s and I got my business logo printed on the case which i'm pretty happy about!
- Pen: I wouldn’t be much of a writer if I didn’t carry at least one pen around with me! Truth is I usually have about 4 or 5 in my bag as there’s always a high probability that a lot of them don’t actually work! This one is a PAPYRUS branded pen, which is a suicide prevention charity that I volunteer for. I always like to have at least one of these in my bag in case someone asks to borrow a pen from me.
- Umbrella: We live in Britain, even in summer there is an umbrella in my bag! This brolly is actually about 15 years old. It was a present from my Nan and Grandad when I was a pre-teen (and used to collect teddy bear nic-nacs). It was hiding out at my parents’ house in my old bedroom until recently.
- Favourite Hat: I do love a good bobble hat. This one has served me well. I’ve had it for about 5 years now and it’s still going strong.
- Tampons: Us ladies have to have the essentials wherever we go! I’ve always got a stock of tampons in my bag, though I’ve actually just ordered a MoonCup to try out as one of my News Year’s Resolutions was to try and be more sustainable. So, maybe the days of lugging bundles of feminine hygiene products around with me are numbered?!
- Headphones x 2: I’ve usually got at least two sets of headphones in my bag. The green overhead ones are BoomPods and they’re wireless. They were a great find on Amazon. Good value for money and not bad sound quality, though using them through Bluetooth on your devices does drain the battery pretty quickly. I always have a backup set of apple ear buds, just in case.
- Charger: I hate being out and about and having to worry about my phone or iPad going dead so I always carry a spare charger with me.
- Book: I’ve always got a book or two on the go and like to keep one in my bag should I find myself with a spare 10 minutes. At the moment I’m reading Sue Perkins memoir – Spectacles. My wife bought us tickets for her live show and I want to finish it before we go!